- Develop a Mentoring Profile that will be accessible via the CDA website to interested Apprentices
- Notify the Mentoring Chair when a relationship has been established
- Develop program goals specific to each apprentice
- Meet with apprentice(s) at least 1 time per month for 6 month commitment
- Host one professional development meeting in area of expertise for CDA members
- Submit 1 progress report to the Mentoring Chair 3 months into the mentoring relationship
- Submit 1 completion report to the Mentoring Chair at the completion of the mentoring relationship
Professionals interested in participating in the Program as a Mentor must met these minimum qualifications:
- Be a member of the Colorado Doulas Association
- Labor Doulas – Be a certified labor doula in good standing with a nationally-recognized certifying organization and have 4 years’ experience.
- Postpartum Doulas – Be a certified doula good in standing witha nationally-recognized certifying organization with four years’ experience and at least 25 families served.
- Provide letters of reference/recommendation (character reference and professional/caregiver reference).
Mentor Selection Process
- Mentors request a CDA Mentoring Program Application
- Panel Interview to accept Mentors into the CDA program. This will be held 2 times per year in May and November.
- 4 Member Panel, comprised of Program Coordinators, CDA Board Members, and/or past mentors will interview interested Mentor Candidates as part of the Mentor Application process.