The Accessible Birth Connection was created as a way to provide families from ALL walks of life with access to a doula. We believe that receiving educational, physical and emotional support from a doula is a key ingredient to building strong and connected families.
The program is built around a shared approach to payment. Families pay what they can. Doulas agree to receive less than their regular full fees and the CDA/ABC subsidizes some of the fees (as funding allows).
The Accessible Birth Connection doulas serve families that meet any of the following criteria:
- Are low income (typically below $3000/mo for a family of 4)
- Qualify for Medicaid
- Qualify for CHP+
- Are under 18
- Have other circumstances that make it impossible to pay full doula fees
Requirements to become an ABC Doula:
- Must be a current, paid member of the Colorado Doulas Association
- Must have attended doula certification training by a nationally recognized certifying organization.
- Completion of certifying births is NOT required. The ABC program provides an opportunity for you to find certifying births.
- It is recommended that you have liability insurance
Please direct your questions to Barb Lines at abcchairatCDA@gmail.com
If you are interested in participating in as an ABC doula, please complete the application below. Once your application has been reviewed by our ABC Coordinator you will be contacted with further details and instructions on how to connect with ABC families.